Thursday, April 1, 2010

Chapter 4

False... False... False....

"Alicia! What is the square root of 19?"
"False!"
Laughter filled the air.
I returned from my daydreaming wonderland and found out I was still in class with Mrs. Leong teaching mathematics, and I was standing up on my seat while the whole class laughed at my answer.

"Alicia, focus while I'm teaching! Do you want a C for your assignment?" threathened Mrs. Leong.
" Sorry, the square root of 19 is 361, maam, " I replied.
Gosh, since the whole Lucanius incident I kept thinking of the possible meanings for the False Lucanius mentioned. My mind wandered through most of my classes, including Biology, Chemistry, English and Mathematics.

Is a False a spooky creature? Or is it a kind of alien? Or a person? Or.... "Alicia!!! " I returned to reality with a shiver on my spine. It was Stella who was calling me. "Earth to Alicia!! Are you paying attention to my stories? Or are you just too cool to even bother?" She flickered her blonde hair behind her ear.

"N-No...! Sorry Stel, I don't feel like myself today..." It's true though. I didn't get much sleep last night, thanks to Lucanius, and I've spent the whole morning thinking about everything he said. Dreams, False, Dreams of Eden, Dreamists...... These words had been spinning in my head until now, if this keeps up, I think I will suffer from insomnia soon. I even forgot it was now recess time. To draw away my mind, I started topics with Stella about the usual stuff, like magazines, gossips about the angelic yet handsome Lawrence next class, and to-be-planned outings.

Why?

My body jolted. It wasn't me who thought of the word, but it was like a familiar voice echoing in my mind. Lucanius? But he wasn't around me, if so I would had seen him floating nearby. Who was it?

I can't let this be, so I excused myself from Stella and dashed to the toilet. Panting, I washed my face several times. I'm just hallucinating... All of this isn't reality, but a dream... nothing to be so concerned about... I thought quietly to myself. I walked slowly to the field. Students seldom come to the field ever since our last Sports Day which was 9 months ago, because our principal has banned the usage of the field so that students may focus on the upcoming year-end exams. Therefore, it wasn't awkward to find nobody at the field. I sat on the soft green grass and lifted my head.

The sky. A sign of freedom and home to countless clouds. I admire clouds, as they can be together with the sky and change their shapes whenever they want to whatever they want. Sometimes the sky is like a canvas, and the clouds are the paint. Streak by streak, the clouds create patterns no one has ever seen before, sometimes they look like the seabed, fold by fold, sometimes they will create abstract using curves, and sometimes, they just prefer to stay still, round and fluffy. Bindless, boundless, breathless. These are the words I would use to describe the mesmerizing scenery of the sky.

A flow of relaxation entered my body in a few seconds. I felt more like myself again, forgetting all the hustle and bustle I've been through the past 24 hours. And soon I found myself lying on the grass, counting clouds which looked like bubbles today.

I closed my eyes and let the breeze take my worries away, far, far, far away......

I was free of stress during the whole day. Not a single voice in my head, or mind-staking nouns I've never heard before in my life. I even whistled my favourite songs and clicked my fingers with a rhythmic beat on the way home. Everything went smooth for a change. I didn't even think about all the chaos at night, nor worry about the coming nightfall. My handphone vibrated when the alarm rang at 11pm, time to sleep. I snugged into my blanket and doze off in a flash. I didn't know, was I too tired or just too relaxed. It doesn't matter anyway, at least I could finally have my slumber.

No comments:

Post a Comment